One of the most promising businesses is starting a mushroom farm business. Mushroom is one of the most commodity in high demand. It can be made into hundreds of recipes and brings everyone’s a happy tummy. Running your own mushroom farm business is not as tough as you thought. You can make it happen by considering important and basic factors.
Here are what you need to do to start your mushroom farm business:
- First, you need to choose the best spawn either through sterile culture and producing the spawn on your own or buying ready-to-inoculate spawn carried by the supplier.
- The next thing to do is buying substrates and prepare them well. You need to chop the straws, wet them, then heat them in boiling water. The next step in starting a mushroom farm business is draining them and clean them.
- Pack the straw into the plastic bag and sprinkle the spawn on top. Continue this step till they’re almost filled up the bag. Then close them and poke holes around the bag.
- Place the bags in the growing area with 78 degrees F. Make sure the room cannot be reached by direct sunlight.
- Time for fruiting by placing the bags in the room with 65 to 70 degreed F. Let natural light fill in the room for 12 hours in minimum. Then move them to the cooler place for a day and move them back to the fruiting room. Then cut the bag away to let the mushroom grow. Next, harvest the mushroom before the caps are uncurled.
So the steps to start mushroom farm business is not that complicated. You need to pay attention to the quality of the spawn and room temperature to let the mushroom grow. Starting a mushroom farm business is promising indeed.